Thursday, September 18, 2014

Eating Clean: Egg Fried Rice (21 Day Fix Approved)

So I started my next round of the 21 Day Fix on Monday, yay! I seriously LOVE LOVE LOVE this program I have gotten SO many great results from it! More on that later though! What I want to talk to you about today is mixing up the containers a little bit!

This round I decided to step a little outside the box! All my previous rounds I just selected which containers to eat at each time of the day but I never really got brave enough to make an actual meal out of them! So this time I did a little research and found some really yummy looking things I wanted to try out! Last night I tried a little concoction I like to call Egg Fried Rice! This uses 1 red container, 1 yellow, and 1 green. (I actually had a left over red container for the day so I added turkey bacon to the mix as well, because who doesn't love turkey bacon?!)

21 day fix dinner, 21 day fix food, portion control, 21 day fix, beachbody, budget friendly food, clean eating, clean menu, cooking, dinner, eat clean, get skinny, good eats, healthy, healthy food, healthy life, lose baby weight, lose weight, meal prepping
21 Day Fix Dinner

So first things first I assembled my ingredients:

2 Eggs
Brown Rice
Veggies of my choice (I chose to use onions and carrots but you can do whatever you like just make sure they fit into your green container!)
Like I said above I also used 2 slices of turkey bacon but that was an extra red container!

Directions:
1. I used the instant brown rice so I just microwaved a serving of it and measured out the correct amount to fit into the yellow container
2. Then I cooked up my turkey bacon in the skillet on medium heat and set that aside
3. Next I sprayed my skillet (you can also use one of your tsp for this and add coconut oil or EEVO) and cooked up my veggies and set those aside.
4. I then scrambled up my eggs.
5. I added everything to my bowl and devoured it!

I was actually really surprised because I thought I for sure was going to miss my beloved soy sauce but I didn't at all!! I did sprinkle some garlic powder and paprika on top of the finished product and it was DELICIOUS!

No comments:

Post a Comment