Tuesday, September 16, 2014

7 Pre-Workout Tips

So I started my second round of the Fix this week!! Super pumped!! I came across a video of Autumn talking about some pre-workout tips that I thought were really good so I wanted to share them with y'all!!

21 day fix, beachbody, challenge groups, coaching, get skinny, healthy, healthy life, motivation, team work, workout tips, fitness tips
Pre Workout Tips

1. Get a caffeine kick: No that doesn't mean you need to go out and buy a "pre-workout shake" concoction, it can simply mean drinking a cup of coffee (mmm coffee)! Something to give your body a little jolt of energy.

2. Stay hydrated: SUPER important. You don't want to cramp up during your workouts because that's painful! You need to be drinking water before, during, and after your workouts! Basically any time you are drinking throughout the day, go ahead and just make it water!

3. Boost your sugars 30 mins before you workout: No this does not mean go eat your cookie or candy bar. It means grab a few pieces of fruit or some steel cut oatmeal!

4. Cardio on an empty stomach: This one MIGHT not be for everyone. For some it makes them nauseous. Do keep in mind we aren't asking you to go do sprints on an empty stomach. Maybe just a power walk around the neighborhood, or a slow jog for 20 minutes.

5. Killer playlist: This is the fun one, download all that wonderful good music that is going to get you excited to get your booty moving!! I don't know about you but I love to dance, I by no means am good at it but I still love to do it and it makes Ryken laugh haha

6. Find a friend: (PSSST this means join my challenge groups!) haha But really, having a partner to keep you motivated is SO helpful!!!

7. Find something inspirational to motivate you: This could be looking at pictures, having a goal of getting through a really hard workout. SOMETHING. Something that you are going to set your sights on and power you through until you reach that goal! For me its a defined stomach, no matter how skinny or toned I've ever been in my life my stomach has NEVER been defined. So that is the goal that pushes me to get my workout and nutrition in check!

Try these tips out and let me know how they workout for you!!!  

No comments:

Post a Comment