Friday, January 30, 2015

How to Eat Clean: Do I or Don't I?

clean eating, clean menu, eat clean, get skinny, healthy, healthy life, lose baby weight, lose weight, motivation, new years resolutions, portion control
Clean Eating vs Not Clean Eating


Adapting a clean diet has always been the bane of my existence. I LOVED my fatty, not so great for you food. I used to spend HOURS at the gym and then run through the drive thru on the way home, which completely killed all that work I had just put in. So I finally sat down with myself and I said "self, you gotta get this clean eating stuff under control". So I sat off to do just that. I did a little research on top of doing my 21 Day Fix teaching me all about clean food and portion control. The results I have gotten since then speak for themselves. I am currently down to 115 which had been my goal since junior year of highschool and I had almost just accepted the fact that it was never going to happen. Cleaning y'all, is where its at! So here are a few tips I've picked up along the way I wanted to share!!

clean eating, clean menu, eat clean, get skinny, healthy, healthy life, lose baby weight, lose weight, motivation, new years resolutions, portion control
One of my FAV clean snacks

Things you SHOULD be doing:
  • Eating 5-6 small meals a day
  • Portion Control
  • Eat breakfast (this one is so hard for most people) within an hour of waking
  • Eat healthy fats like hummus or avocado
  • Combine your complex carbs with a protein 
  • Always keep in mind you should be eating a TON of veggies


Things you SHOULD NOT be doing:
  • Eating artificial sugars (I use stevia)
  • Drinking sugar loaded drinks, try to stick with water or infused water
  • Drinking a ton of beer and fruity girly cocktails, if you must vodka and tonic is the best option
  • Eating processed foods, especially white flour
  • Eating foods with preservatives
  • Snacking off your kid's teddy grams


Word of the wise, shop the OUTSIDE of the grocery store. The isles are FILLED with over processed, artificial CRAP. Does it taste good? Heck yes, but it will also make you feel crummy afterwards. Obviously I don't beat myself up over doing this every single second of every single day. I am a firm believer in the 80/20 rule. I still allow myself to have my treats every so often because I don't want to be miserable. But that's what they are, treats, not my lifestyle. Try adopting some of these tips and see what crazy wonderful things start happening!



No comments:

Post a Comment