Thursday, January 8, 2015

Eating Clean: Chipotle Chicken & Lime Quinoa

21 day fix dinner, budget friendly food, clean eating, clean menu, cooking, diet, eat clean, healthy, healthy food, lose baby weight, lose weight, new years resolutions, portion control
And its my favorite!

Um, YUM!! This is probably one of my favorite meals to date! I made a ton of the quinoa so I have been eating it all week long and the flavor has been ON POINT!! So lets get down to business! ((Please note the chicken breasts need to sit in the marinade for a while, preferably overnight, I didn't realize the first time I went try and make it))

Chipotle Chicken:

Ingredients:
*1.25 lbs of Chicken Breast Tenders
*2-3 tsp Chipotle Powder (So I didn't have chipotle powder so I used chili powder and it worked great)
*1 tbsp Olive Oil
*1 tbsp White Wine Vinegar
*2 tbsp Dijon Mustard
*2 tbsp Chopped Cilantro
*2 Garlic Cloves, Minced
*1/4 tsp Black Pepper
*1/2 Tbsp Stevia

Directions:
1. Combine all of the above ingredients into a sealed container or ziploc bag and marinate the chicken in the refrigerator for several hours.2. Heat a large, non-stick skillet over medium heat.
3. Pour the chicken and the marinade into the skillet and cook until browned on both sides and the chicken is cooked through. About 4 minutes per side. (my breasts were a bit larger so I cooked them about 6 or 7 minutes on each side just to make sure they were all the way done)
Lime Quinoa:
Ingredients:*1 cup Quinoa*2 cups Water*1/4 tsp salt*1/2 tsp Black Pepper*2 tsp Coconut Oil*Zest and Juice from 2 Limes
Directions:
1. Rinse quinoa in a fine sieve and then transfer to a medium pot.
2. Add all of the ingredients except for the lime zest and juice and bring to a boil. 

3. Reduce the heat to low and simmer 15-20 minutes, covered, until the water is absorbed.
4. Add the lime juice and zest and fluff with a fork.

No comments:

Post a Comment