Friday, January 2, 2015

Eating Clean: Sweet Potato Bacon Turkey Burger & Balsamic Vinegar Roasted Brussels Sprouts

21 day fix dinner, budget friendly food, clean eating, clean menu, cooking, diet, dinner, eat clean, healthy food, lose baby weight, lose weight, meal prepping, new years resolutions
21 Day Fix Approved Dinner!

So now that the holidays have come to an end it is time to get this family back on track!!! I was so proud of myself for how I handled Thanksgiving but when Christmas rolled around I got a little off the beaten track. Don't get me wrong I could have been A LOT worse than I was. I did get up early Christmas morning and get my Insanity Max on but the following days I slacked a bit and I did drink my Shakeology thank goodness but the rest of my eating habits I'm not too proud of. But hey (shocker alert) I'm human!! You have to enjoy life a little bit! I did only gain back 2lbs but I just felt sluggish!

Anyway, getting back into it! Yesterday I made a plan and trekked off to the grocery store in the rainy, cold, miserable weather! Yay! So last night I whipped up these bad boys you see on the plate up there! Oh.My.Goodness. Guys, they were so good! So let's get to the recipes! ((AND THEY ARE 21 DAY FIX APPROVED))

Sweet Potato Bacon Turkey Burger

Ingredients:
*6 slices of turkey bacon
*1 cup of shredded sweet potato
*1 cup of lean ground turkey
*Salt and pepper
*Any other seasonings you want to throw in there

Directions:
1. I cooked the turkey bacon on the stove but you can do it in the microwave if you are short on time. Chop into small pieces.
2. Shred the sweet potato and throw in the microwave for about 15-20 seconds to soften it a bit.
3. Use your hands to mix the ground turkey with the shredded sweet potato and bacon bits and form small patties.
4. To cook you can either throw them in the skillet like I did or you can cook them on the grill.


Balsamic Vinegar Roasted Brussels Sprouts

Ingredients:
*Brussels sprouts
*3 TBSP of olive oil
*2 TBSP of balsamic vinegar
*2 tsp all natural honey
*Salt and pepper

Directions
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
2. Trim the ends and half your brussels sprouts and put in a bowl drizzle 2 TBSP of the olive oil and mix in the salt and pepper.
3. Place brussels sprouts on foil lined baking sheet and place in oven for about 20-25 minutes.
4. After they are done take out of the oven and place them back in the bowl and drizzle the remaining TBSP of olive oil, balsamic vinegar and honey and toss. Add more salt and pepper if needed and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment