Tuesday, August 5, 2014

This Is Where Healthy Starts

before picture, beachbody coach, challenge groups, healthy life, my fitness story, team work
Plate of Unhealthy Stuff
Here I was folks, in all my unhealthy glory... In this picture I was at the Minnesota State Fair 2012. Gobs and gobs of unhealthy food, but it was yummy! Unfortunately, this wasn't the start or my only unhealthy habit.  Introducing, beer. This stuff was like liquid candy to me. I loved it. Weird I know.


Anyway, my eating habits were not good. My drinking habits were not good. My workout habits, ha that's cute. Non-existent. I had just moved to a brand new state where I knew ONE person so the thing to do was go out and have a good time, all the time. So I did. And it caught up to me very quickly within the first year that I had lived in Minnesota I gained over 15 lbs. I finally looked at myself in the mirror and after many hours of sobbing to myself I knew I needed to change. I stopped drinking beer every night, I tried to start actually working out. Then the next month I found out I was pregnant. I tried to continue working out throughout my pregnancy but the severe morning sickness put a stop to that one. While I continued to try to eat somewhat better during, I still caved to all my sweet pregnancy cravings. I longed for cookie cake every single day. 

Last Pregnant Picture

At 28 weeks pregnant I went into the hospital after being severely sick and dehydrated for the past day or two.  I was diagnosed with Pre-Eclampsia and put on bed rest at the hospital for the next week until I had Ryken at 29 weeks. For anyone that doesn't know Pre-Eclampsia causing LARGE weight gain so I went into the hospital weighing 145 and left two weeks later weighing 177.  I could not BARE looking at myself, the only reason I left the house was to go to the NICU in Minneapolis to see Ryken.  I had a doctors appointment a week later and was weighed in at 138.  That was the end of my losing pure water weight and it was up to me to lose the rest.  Unfortunately the LAST thing on my mind was trying to find time to go to the gym and cook clean food while I was spending almost all of my time at the NICU.

My best friend had just begun doing Beachbody programs and she offered to buy me a challenge pack for my Christmas present last year.  I chose the ChaLean Extreme and ordered my Shakeology.  However, I didn't join a Challenge Group on Facebook so I would do a workout here and there but did not stick with it. It wasn't until February when the 21 Day Fix was about to be released I finally gave in and bought the Challenge Pack and joined the Challenge Group.  I was drinking my Shakeology every single day and working my butt off because these girls were pushing me and I loved it!  My fiance Adam was so good at helping me with Ryken so I could have thirty minutes to do my workout.

before picture, beachbody coach, challenge groups, healthy life, my fitness story, team work

I got all the way down to 114 lbs by doing the 21 Day Fix and drinking my Shakeology like it was going out of style and I felt CONFIDENT again! I have just recently began doing PiYo and the results I'm getting only HALFWAY through this program are amazing me!! I became a Beachbody coach because I know how it feels to look at yourself in the mirror and be horrified, to cry every time you try to pull those jeans up and button them and they just won't. I want to help any and everyone reach their fitness goals. I'm not even to my goal body yet but I am WELL ON MY WAY!!! And I feel FANTASTIC!! If you need help please email me at alissatarner1988@gmail.com or you can find me on Facebook at www.facebook.com/alissa.tarner



No comments:

Post a Comment