Tuesday, February 24, 2015

21 Day Fix Extreme: Week 1 Review

Its Here!!!!
Alright y'all, week 1 is down and in the books and I could NOT be happier with my progress so far!! A little back story, I did the original 21 Day Fix about a year ago when it first came out and I have to this day incorporated the clean portion control nutrition into ALL the other programs I have tried since then including extra added rounds of the Fix. So when I heard that Autumn was bringing out the big dogs with her new Extreme program I was PUMPED!! I ordered it the day it went live and I was pretty much the happiest little camper when it showed up at my front door. 

This program is much like the same idea as the first but much more intense. Again, its a program designed to get you amazing results in 21 days. The nutrition is dialed in on this one, no wine or chocolate this time around! And the workouts, oh the workouts, they are INTENSE!! There is a modifier but even her modifying is much more than a normal modifier. This is a perfect program for someone who has done the 21 Day Fix (original) and is ready to kick it up a notch OR even for people just want a HARDCORE program to use!!

Day 1!

The workouts: There are seven different workouts again that you do for 3 weeks. Whats also a little different this time around is Autumn incorporates the resistance bands in some of the workouts!
You have to grind to shine!
  • Plyo Fix Extreme: This is a jumping one, you do weighted plyo moves for 30 seconds with a 30 second break in between. There are 5 rounds with 2 exercises each round, and watch out for that bonus round! Holy ouch were my legs screaming the next day!
  • Upper Fix Extreme: I was actually pleasantly surprised with this one. In the original I never really felt like my arms got AS MUCH work on them as I would have liked. This workout is GREAT!! I am already started to get SO much more definition in my arms it is LOVELY!! She works with the idea of drop sets in this one so its a nice change of pace
  • Pilates Fix Extreme: You only THOUGHT pilates was an easy day! Try adding resistance bands to the entire workout! I REALLY feel my abs starting to pop with this workout!
  • Lower Fix Extreme: I'm going to go ahead and knock myself down a peg or two. I have always been under the assumption I had strong legs, this workout makes me feel like a weakling! haha 
  • Cardio Fix Extreme: Why Autumn?! Why would you give me cardio after an intense leg day?! Because she wants you SHREDDED thats why!! Cardio is not my friend so of course I don't exactly love this one but its a necessary evil!
  • Dirty 30 Extreme: This is my favorite. It was my favorite in the original as well. Give me weights any day of the week and I'll be your friend!
  • Yoga Fix Extreme: I was actually really sore after doing this on Sunday! Its definitely a nice recovery day, but you are still working!
Leg Day!

Dirty 30 Extreme!

The nutrition: Like I said above, this nutrition is DIALED IN!! Still using the same containers but there are no treats with this one! Give up that wine and chocolate, you can do it for 3 weeks!! Of course you'll still get your Shakeology so you can use that as your little "treat" :)
Yummy Shakeo!
Week 1 Meal Plan

Healthy Quinoa Burrito Bowl

All in all, the first week of any new program is always a little sketchy. You are learning all new workouts and moves as well as trying to change up your nutrition and figuring out what works for you!! Like I said, I'm very excited about how well I did with my nutrition the first week and how sore I was after all the workouts!! (I love being sore!) AND dare I say, I actually think I'm getting some definition in my never before seen abs?! SAAAAY WHAAAAAT?!

1 week and already seeing progress!


I'm pumped to see the next weeks progress and to see the FINAL after picture compared to my before!! Also I wanted to share with y'all the video I made the other day about how I have managed to make these containers fit super well into my lifestyle so that I actually enjoy my food and don't feel deprived! Check it out if you so wish to!!





As always, if you are interested in trying out this program or even the original Fix program fill out the application below for my next online challenge group! I'd love to be your coach and mentor you along your fitness journey!!



Use Wufoo templates to make your own HTML forms.

No comments:

Post a Comment