Sunday, February 8, 2015

Why I Workout At Home...

about me, beachbody coach, fitness tips, healthy, lose baby weight, lose weight, motivation, my fitness story, stay at home mom, workout tips
Beautiful Day for an Poolside Workout

I came across this blog post on the Beachbody blog about why working out at home was better than working out at the gym. Back before I had Ryken I used to go to the gym a lot. Before I moved to Minnesota I practically lived there. I had my own reasons for needing the gym; I was coming off a bad break up and both my best friends had moved away. I was pretty lonely so I filled most of my day in classes at the gym. Now that I have other things going on with my life I am LOVING the fact that I not only have the ability to workout in the comfort of my own home, but I'm getting SO MUCH more and better results than I ever did at the gym; and I even had a personal trainer at one point! 

Anyway, I wanted to share some of the reasons that were listed on that post because they were ON POINT!

1. There is no commute to get to your workout! 
about me, beachbody coach, fitness tips, healthy, lose baby weight, lose weight, motivation, my fitness story, stay at home mom, workout tips
Where the Magic Happens


How many of you get done working all day and then decide to go spend another hour at the gym? Or even better get home and put on workout clothes and get back in your car and drive to the gym? Yeah, that motivation is just not going to the be there 95% of the time! Good news, all you have to do is get home, get a little dinner and family time in and then WALK INTO YOUR LIVING ROOM (or garage in my case) and push play!

2. You don't have to care how you look.
about me, beachbody coach, fitness tips, healthy, lose baby weight, lose weight, motivation, my fitness story, stay at home mom, workout tips
Check out Those Socks!

For those of you that know me, you know this outfit is not even close to some of the outrageous things I like to wear. Guess what? No one in my house cares how I look when I workout. I can be a huge sweaty disgusting mess (I usually am) and I don't have to have a care in the world because its just me and the trainer on the TV.

3. No guess work.
This one was a big one for me. Like I said I used to spend hours at the gym, but unless I was in a class I really had no idea what I should be doing as far as machines. Working out with the programs I use now I don't have to pretend to act like I know what I'm doing. These programs are designed by the most amazing trainers WHO KNOW THEIR STUFF!

4. The only germs you have to worry about are your own.
about me, beachbody coach, fitness tips, healthy, lose baby weight, lose weight, motivation, my fitness story, stay at home mom, workout tips
My Own Area, My Own Germs

This was another HUGE one for me. Y'all I used to work at a gym, that disinfected spray only does so much. Plus I could probably count on one hand how many people actually wipe down their machine after they get done sweating all over it like they are supposed to. Don't even get me started on the childcare. Its like a small plague waiting to break out. I didn't want my child going to daycare because I didn't want to worry about him getting sick (again, the preemie thing) I didn't think TWICE about putting him in the childcare area at the gym. Nope, now he gets to hang out with me while I work out so we are both much happier.

5. When you're done, you can fall out and lay there for however long you want.
about me, beachbody coach, fitness tips, healthy, lose baby weight, lose weight, motivation, my fitness story, stay at home mom, workout tips
#killingit

I don't know about y'all but when I push myself as hard as I can possibly go for 30 minutes I AM SPENT. I always have to lay there for a minute or two and collect my life. You try that at the gym and you will either get laughed at or stepped on neither of which are too much fun. 

These are just a few of the MANY reasons I prefer to workout at home with my girls Chalene or Autumn or my guy Shaun T at my house, on my terms. To me, you just can't beat that. What are some of your reasons for either working out at home or at the gym??





No comments:

Post a Comment