Wednesday, December 31, 2014

2014 Was Pretty Sweet (Part 1)

My Little Family

Well folks, its the last day of 2014 and what an exciting, overwhelming year it was!!! This blog post is going to be a little different in terms of topics but I just wanted a place to document my year to look back on without clogging up your Facebook walls, (you're welcome!) So lets get this bad boy started shall we?!

January 2014

Adam and I were still in Texas from Christmas when we rang in the new year with some friends at Sherlocks Pub. Little did I know that the next day, after fighting ALL DAY over an outfit I was just not interested in wearing, that amazing man would be taking me to dinner at a steakhouse in Mansfield and popping the question! To which I replied a definite no since he wouldn't let me wear what I wanted! I kid, I kid. I of course said yes, and barely remember the entire thing because I was so stunned. Good news, Adam has a memory to rival that of an elephant's and he can recount the details a lot easier than me!

He asked, I said yes!
So in terms of Ryken I wish I would have done a better job of tracking how much he weighed each month but in my sleep deprevation I didn't. I do know that in January he turned 4 months old and was finally starting to fit into some newborn clothes!...OH side note, just found a post on Jan 22nd that said he was at 8.5 lbs!

Baby Wearing


February 2014

Oh February, you were NOT so kind. We were in Minnesota which should have been renamed to the arctic last year! We had a ridiculous amount of snow that just kept piling up. This was also the month were the young lady that decided to take a bunch of pain pills and speed down the ice covered roads and run a red light causing her to ricochet off another car into mine! YAY! Anyway here's a picture of the snow.

SO MUCH SNOW

Ryken turned 5 months in February and it was also his first Valentines day, that little lady killer.

First Valentine's Day

March 2014

Oh St. Patty's Day, in 2013 this would have gone down as the last drinking extravaganza for me because I was soon going to find out I was preggo!! Anyway, it finally started warming up in March! 35 degrees feels like 90 when you've been living in the -30s for the past three months!

Shorts Weather

Happy St. Patty's Day

Ryken turned the BIG SIX months and again I have no idea what he weighed because I'm a bad mom! According to a post on Instagram he was starting to grow out of his newborn clothes!

This Might Have Been A Girl's Shirt

What The Hay?!

That last picture up there really has zero significance other than the fact that its hilarious, I mean look at that face! (His, not mine!)

April 2014

We moved to Texas!!! Sunshine and shorts weather! It was fantastic! We moved into my mom's house to give Adam some time to find a new job and then to find a house of our own. It was super sad having to leave all my friends I had made in Minnesota and of course my best friend but this southern girl could just not handle the snow anymore! Adam and I got to go on a little date night for the first time in a long time! And our little family attending the Hardin Wedding in Canton after visiting with one of my best friends Sarah in Henderson to see her new home!

Date Night
Hardin Wedding


In Ryken news, April 10th was National Sibling Day of course I had to get a picture of how much Big Fur Brother loves his little bro! Ryken tuned seven months in April and you guessed it, I have no idea how much he weighed here...fail.
Brother Love


May 2014

So as I'm going through all my posts from May apparently this was a CRAZY exciting month! I celebrated my first Mother's Day, Ryken had his first taste of big people food (avocado), he turned 8 months old and waaaaaaait for it...I HAVE A WEIGH IN!!! At 8 months old this crazy little man weighed 13.5lbs! Also, if I recall correctly this is the month that Adam found a job working at Lonestar Restaurant Supply, which was his favorite!  :)


First Taste of Avocado

First Mother's Day

I Love My Boys

June 2014

June seemed to be a JAMMED pack full month as well!! So many exciting things happening! Adam celebrated his first Father's Day, one of my best friends I mentioned above, Sarah, got hitched! Ryken explored other options of food and discovered he had a taste for eggs. Ryken also got to go swimming for the first time and absolutely loved it!! MOST important however was my birthday! I turned the big 2-6 on the 21st. We spent the first part of the day taking family pictures (One of them is at the top of this very long post) and then I spent the rest of the day with my family and out with a couple of friends that night. Ryken turned nine months and I've love to tell his stats but I have no idea :) Seeing a trend here?? Oh well, photo dump time!

First Father's Day

First Time Swimming

Sarah Got Married!

Eggs!




Okay so originally I thought I would bust out the entire year in this post but this has gotten entirely too long already and we are only halfway through the year! Not to mention I've been working on it for two hours now and there is a screaming baby I need to go attend to in the other room!! SO tomorrow I will be back for the latter half of the year and TRUST ME this is when things start getting REAL exciting!!! Be sure to come back and check it out!!
  



No comments:

Post a Comment