Monday, December 29, 2014

Insanity Max:30 Week 1 & 2

Insanity Max 30, 60 day program, beachbody, challenge groups, get skinny, healthy, lose baby weight, lose weight, motivation, my fitness story, new years resolutions
Shaun T's at it AGAIN!

Oh yes sir he is back and with a VENGEANCE! Okay, that might be a bit of an exaggeration. To be quite honest with y'all I don't know much about the original Insanity mostly because the very idea of it made me pee my pants a little in terror. 

To me the Insanity program was always the top of the line program I was striving to one day achieve. All I knew were the workouts were an hour long and A LOT of cardio. Cardio is NOT my jam. I can bust out a 5k after months of preparation and that's about the extent of that, so Insanity was a far off goal. But a lovely perk of being a beachbody coach is you are immersed in a world of no excuses, go-getters, and every single one of them were hyped up on this new Shaun T bandwagon about to return to town so I decided why the heck not?! This one was only 30 minutes 5 times a week PLUS there was a modifier! I bought my program and I.WAS.STOKED.

I patiently waited the arrived of my new god from the mailman and about a week before Christmas it arrived! I set to work making my meal plan (which I LOVE that this program also follows the 21 day fix containers), hung up my workout calendar in my new home gym my lovely fiance put together for me and got ready for my first day of workout on Monday the 15th.

Insanity Max 30, 60 day program, beachbody, challenge groups, get skinny, healthy, lose baby weight, lose weight, motivation, my fitness story, new years resolutions
And Dead

I remember sliding that DVD into my player and walking back in the house and asking Adam; "Do you think I should just do the modifier or should I try the full out moves?" (There is the fancy little option of keeping the modifier on the screen the entire time on the main menu of the DVD) His reply was that I was in pretty decent shape so he didn't see why I couldn't do the full moves. HA! I was 3 minutes into the WARM UP and I was done, completely spent. You win Shaun T, you win. So needless to say I stuck with the modifier the rest of the week and I can promise you you will STILL get a VERY hard workout by doing that!

I did document my weekly reviews of the workouts on my YouTube channel, here is Day 1. If you are ever so interested in watching the rest they are all there lined up for you on the channel! 




The rest of my week went much better with starting with the modifier. My max out times ranged from 7:30-9:52 so I was pretty happy with those for my first week! Like I've said before Shaun T loves him some cardio so this program is definitely a challenge for me. My favorite so far is the Tabata Power workout because its more strength training and it works in intervals of 20 second of work and 10 seconds of rest so my max out times are better on those days than the just straight work for 5 mins before your water break! There are a lot squats, lunges, planks, tricep push-ups, tricep dips, etc so even with the modifier this is an intense program!

Insanity Max 30, 60 day program, beachbody, challenge groups, get skinny, healthy, lose baby weight, lose weight, motivation, my fitness story, new years resolutions
Sweat Interval Day!

Friday is a workout called Friday Fight Round and this day is a balls to the walls, hold nothing back type of workout. Shaun T gets a little trash talky in this one! You are literally coached through like you are in boxing match and the opponents are all the people on the screen and you PUSH until you can push no harder! #DigDeep 

Insanity Max 30, 60 day program, beachbody, challenge groups, get skinny, healthy, lose baby weight, lose weight, motivation, my fitness story, new years resolutions
Get At Me!

All in all, I am seriously loving keeping track of my max out times. I probably would have quit by now if it weren't for the calendar staring at me in the face when I workout. Because I know that by looking at my max out time of 8:25 on my Sweat Interval day I know that I just need to push myself to AT LEAST 8:45 this time and I MAKE MYSELF DO IT! That is the key to this workout and it is SO crazy how much of a mind game it is! I am so excited to see how far I progress over the next 60 days!

If you are interested in trying Insanity Max:30 out for yourself or any of the other programs and joining into my NEWEST challenge group "Solution to Your Resolution" fill out the application below so we can chat!!! 



Use Wufoo templates to make your own HTML forms.

No comments:

Post a Comment