Thursday, October 8, 2015

Eating Clean: Chicken & Shrimp Jambalaya

21 day fix dinner, budget friendly food, clean eating, cooking, diet, dinner, healthy food, Lose baby weight, lose weight, meal prepping, sweating for the wedding,
Serve with Roasted Broccoli and You'll Thank Me! :)

So here's the thing, I have never personally had jambalaya before. Ever. I wasn't even quite sure what it was when I saw this recipe on Pinterest. But the ingredients sounded delicious so I thought I would whip some up! So here is my disclaimer: This stuff is pretty spectacular tasting BUT I have no idea if it actually tastes like jambalaya. Ha! I will say that I made like WAY too much and continue to eat it for a week so, obviously, it was pretty dang good!

So on to the recipe!!

Ingredients:
*20 large pre cooked shrimp
*8 oz precooked chicken breast, cut into 1" pieces
*1 low sodium turkey sausage (here's the thing I could NOT find this anywhere so I made my own out of ground turkey, cumin, garlic powder and red chili flakes)
*1 med onion, chopped
*1 large bell pepper, chopped
*1 can low sodium organic stewed tomatoes
*2 TBSP minced garlic
*1 TBSP salt-free Cajun seasoning
*2 cups precooked brown rice/quinoa/couscous
*1/2 cup low sodium chicken broth
*1 tsp sea salt and pepper
*organic coconut oil

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees
2. In a large mixing bowl, toss together all ingredients, and mixed well.
3. Prepare 2 foil pouches. Rub each piece of foil with coconut oil.
4. Divide mixture evenly into each of the pieces of foil and seal.
5. Place into baking pan and bake for 20 minutes.

Let cool and enjoy the yummy goodness!! If you try this recipe out PLEASE come back and let me know how you like it! For more fitness and health tips come be my friend on Facebook, I'd love to meet you! https://www.facebook.com/alissa.tarner

No comments:

Post a Comment